Saturday 22 May 2010

Another ash cloud!

There are a few business that rely on flights and airports working properly in order to keep going. Trading flowers, travel agencies, hotels, etc. And the sex industry, of course. I had so many cancelations over the past four weeks due the air space closure that I lost the account of it.

Many of my clients are guys visiting London for business, away for their wives, religion rules or family – I think they feel a bit like a teenager when the parents go on holiday and they are left behind with the whole house and a scaring exciting freedom.

They work hard, it is true. But they also drink, party and fuck a lot when working abroad.

So after the storm everything was starting to fall back in black but now BA’s staff has announced a big strike. I can predict lots of disruption at the UK airports – and those disruptions will again disrupt my job.

That is what happens when you don’t have a normal 9 to 5 office job. When you are self employed even the weather or someone else fighting for a pay rise or better working conditions can affect you income.

But I hope I don’t have to go back to work at the ‘House’. it was pretty depressing to be setting in a very small back room with other 8 (sometimes up to 12) boys waiting the clients to turn up and pick up one of us. And to be in constant state of fear, without knowing who would be the next client or if the police would arrive first and arrest everyone for prostitution.

I will keep my fingers crossed to keep the volcano and BA both very calm and very reasonable.
People need to travel. Travellers need to fuck. And I need to pay my rent.

2 comments:

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Oh, Kaio, "the House" sounds like a terrible place!! Fingers crossed that BA will fly lots of horny fuckers into London who will want to rent you for a little fun!

Anonymous said...

You are right when you see that many business (and lives and livelihoods, too) have been adversely affected by the air traffic disruption and the ensuing industrial action.

Being one of those guys who has been affected, too, I started looking around and found some extra work on the side. It does not pay that much. It ain't too exiciting or anything, but it contributes substantially towards making my ends meet comfortably.

If you can't get what you want, get what you can, b4 other dudes get there first...