Saturday 20 March 2010

Holland Park

Sunny days, sunny days.
Honestly it was about time to the sun come out in London. Yesterday I went to work in Holland Park. I love the area, the big houses and even those poor old ladies with 300 plastic surgeries walking with their dogs and having tea at 3pm.

They usually have big sunglasses, tons of jewellery and lipstick as an extension of their lips.
I saw one talking on the phone, loudly, explaining to someone that she was tired of walking with Blair and she was heading back to get someone to look after the dog because she was already 15 minutes late for her appointment with a manicure.

As I passed by, playing with the dog that jumped happily towards my bag the lady looked at me with a puzzled face of curiosity. It think it is an achievement for people with so much botox still manage to have facial expressions.

I think the dog could smell my bag and track the smell of my strawberry flavoured condoms. Dogs love them. Once a client had to call a vet because the dog got one from under the bed and ate it!
I bet the lady wondered what a young man would be doing at this time walking down the road. At this time the average people are a) working, b) studying, c) at home applying for a job or wanking.
The most fortunate, able to pay, ones do it with a bit of help and call me so that is why I was wondering in Holland Park, 3pm. We could say I was on my way to work.

The guy was extremely clean, one of those that smell hospital sanitizer and wear impeccable white socks. His house had air purifier everywhere and those little hand gel wash in every top of furniture what made the lounge looks like a messy pharmacy. I like it, I mean: clean clients, but

I can avoiding thinking that it is also a bit weird someone so obsessed with germs and bacteria.
On my way back, just 45 minutes later, the lady was still on the phone while the dog was having a croissant. I had to stop and look back again.

There is nothing wrong with dogs eating croissants.
I just found amusing that he was doing it on the table, from a nice expensive square plate and a big bowl of some dark liquid that I suppose was tea or coffee.
I wanted to get a picture. I wanted to ask what was inside the bowl. But I didn't.

No one seemed to care.
In Holland Park, even dogs get lucky.

1 comment:

DW said...

I like the last sentence, it made the post so much better.